There are many sacred texts, but the Bible stands out to me for these reasons.
(1) It has stood the test of time.
(2) It is an incredibly diverse set of books by a diverse set of authors, but all point to the same God.
(3) The Bible is event-oriented. This is important. It isn’t merely a collection of opinions. It bases its authority on historical events like the resurrection of Jesus that took place in time and space in front of witnesses who could easily discredit the message if these events did not take place.
(4) The Bible has been embraced by people from nearly every nation and people group. Its message is universal.
(5) There has been an irrational hatred for the Bible throughout the ages. Even today, in some countries, people are imprisoned, tortured, or executed just for owning a Bible.
(6) Even though I’ve read through the Bible many times, I still find new depth of meaning in old familiar passages. Others report experiencing the same thing.
(7) The Bible offers hope and a connection with God I find nowhere else.
PS. On 10/12/2019, our Inner Wealth topic will be overcoming a painful past. Many people want to forget the past, but don’t understand how and why the past still affects them or what you can do to get free.